Junior Event Team - JET
Who we are
Junior Events Team - JET and WISS - Willesborough Infant School Supporters
We are an active group of parents, grandparents and friends. We work throughout the year to put on social events and raise additional funding for the school. We are pleased to say that WISS and JET are now amalgamated! Having run so many wonderful events together for several years! Some of our events are for children, some are for grown-ups and some are for all the family.
What we do
JET & WISS organise a number of events each school year. Some examples of these are:
- Christmas Elfridge shops for children
- Quiz nights
- Christmas and Bonfire Craft Events
- Summer and Christmas Fairs
- The Willesborough Flower Show
- Chocolate Bingo
- Refreshments at Sports Day and other school events
When and where we meet
We usually meet every six weeks or so, in school, and we try to alternate holding our meetings during the school day or in the evenings.
This is to allow everyone a chance to attend some meetings. We have toys available for those that need to bring children with them. We do not expect everyone to attend meetings. All minutes are available on the school website and can be emailed to you if you would like to be kept informed.
What the money is spent on
JET and WISS events raise funds to support the work that goes on in school.
Much of the money we raise is to provide all children in school with wonderful experiences which other schools ask parents/carers to pay for. We believe that all children at WJS should have the same opportunities.
In the last year, JET and WISS have paid for:
- A Christmas present for every child in school
- Workshops delivered by visiting artists and sports professionals
- A Pantomime performance for all children in school
- Match funding to improve the school library facility
We would love you to come and join us and there are a number of ways you can help:
- Come to a meeting and help plan and run event
- Man a stall at an event or fair
- Serve refreshments
- Ask your place of work if they would donate a raffle prize
- Bake a cake for a cake sale
- Wrap some presents for the children at Christmas
If you cannot commit to any of the above don’t worry, the most important thing you can do, is come and support our events.
We look forward to seeing you soon!