At Willesborough Junior School, we deliver a Creative Curriculum.
A Creative Curriculum focuses on problem solving, discussion, collaboration and imaginative thinking that leads to the following ‘creative behaviours’:
- Questioning and challenging
- Envisaging what might be
- Exploring ideas, keeping options open
- Reflecting critically on ideas, actions and outcomes
- Making connections and seeing relationships
We adopt a holistic approach to our teaching through topics and our Creative Curriculum content is taken from the National Curriculum. However, we passionately believe that the curriculum has a broader use. We aim, through our curriculum, to enhance the children’s experiences and widen their understanding of the larger world.
The positive learning culture and caring atmosphere at Willesborough allows all of the children to challenge themselves in a safe and nurturing environment.
By embracing a whole school approach to teaching and learning, we aim to:
- Deliver consistency of teaching and learning across our school.
- Enable teachers to teach as effectively as possible.
- Enable children to learn as efficiently as possible.
- Give children the skills they require to become effective lifelong learners.
- Provide an inclusive education for all children.
- Learn from each other, through the adoption of a collaborative, enquiry-based approach to teaching and learning, where good practice is shared.
At Willesborough Junior School, we make mathematics fun, interactive and practical.
Our aim is that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics so that they develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- Can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of problems with increasing sophistication, including in unfamiliar contexts and to model real-life scenarios.
- Can reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry and develop and present a justification, argument or proof using mathematical language.
Click the links below to find out more about our Maths Programme of study.