Starting Year Three
We are a large Junior School who are proud to specialise in child centred key stage two outcomes. Willesborough Infant School and Willesborough Junior School have worked closely together for many years as link schools. We are pleased to say that this close relationship has just become formalised, as the two schools have now become a Federation of Willesborough Schools.
We want your child to have the best possible transition from key stage one to key stage two. There are many opportunities for infant children and their families to experience junior school activities and events and for year two children the experiences they have increases significantly throughout the year.
Our transition programme throughout May, June and July offers the following;
- Year Three Welcome Evening for parents
- Informal learning walks for parents and children
- Learning Cafés, incorporating parent and child workshops and class visits for children
- After school activity clubs in year three
- Joint Parent/Teacher meeting with your child’s current year two teacher and new year three teacher.
- Team teaching experiences where year two children are taught core lessons by their current year two teachers and new year three teachers together.
We work in partnership with you throughout your child’s learning journey and transition process.
The Year Three Admissions process in managed by Kent County Council. The link below will take you on to the Kent County Council website where you can find out more about how to apply for a school place.
To apply for a year three place for your child in September 2019, you will need to complete a Common Application Form (JCAF). The application process starts on the 5th of November 2018 and closes on the 15th of January 2019.
KCC will email you on 16th of April 2019 after 4pm to tell you the outcome of your application. If you currently have a child at the infant school, you will get a junior school place but you must complete the application process within the time frame given.
In Year Admissions
From time to time we are able to admit children into different year groups at different times if places become available.
When we have more applications than spaces, we apply the following over-subscription criteria:
1) Children in the care of the local authority currently or previously.
2) Children attending our linked school - Willesborough Infant School.
3) Sibling links where the family lives at the same address.
4) Health and Special Access reasons, including: medical, health and special access reasons.
5) Nearness of children's homes to to school.
Please contact the school office for more information.
Moving on to Secondary Education
Online applications for transfer to secondary school for September 2019, closed at midnight on 31 October 2018.
If you have missed the deadline please email email@example.com for further guidance on what to do next.
To ensure the best possible outcomes for your child as they move on to their secondary education we work closely with the schools we feed. These include; The North, Towers, Highworth, The Norton Kantchbull, Brockhill and Homewood. There are several opportunities for year six children and their families to experience and find out about secondary school transition. School to school transition activities include;
- Visits to year six classes by secondary teachers
- Visits to year seven by year six children
- Secondary taster days