Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Willesborough Junior School we aspire for all our pupils to realise their positive potential. We aim to provide a caring and supportive environment in which they will have the confidence to succeed as valued individuals.
We aim for everyone:-
- to feel safe and secure and part of the school community;
- to be valued as individuals and be shown respect;
- to extend themselves as life-long learners intellectually, physically and spiritually;
- to develop an enquiring mind with the motivation to learn;
- to have confidence and high self-esteem;
- to be equipped for an ever changing world;
- to recognise ourselves as an important part of the local community and the world;
- to foster natural curiosity and sense of enjoyment;
- to care for and support each other.
To achieve these aims we will:-
- provide a friendly and secure environment;
- recognise and celebrate successes, achievements and efforts;
- provide high standards of teaching;
- have a consistent high expectation of good behaviour;
- be open to changes and new challenges with the opportunity to explore
- value the views and contributions of all;
- provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment with a broad and
- show respect, understanding and acceptance of others;
- maintain and develop a partnership with home and school.
The effectiveness of our aims is monitored by:
- staff at regular meetings involving teaching staff, support staff and the senior
- governors at meetings of the Governing Body each term and during the course of
planned and incidental school visits.
- parents on an ongoing basis through discussion with their children and through the