It is important that our children and young people know and understand their own community in addition to those further afield.
- Willesborough Infant and Junior Schools are link schools who have worked in partnership for many years. The two schools currently share an Interim Executive Headteacher. Staff across the two schools are passionate about the best possible continued learning journey for the children across the two schools.
- We have excellent links with our partner secondary schools. Every opportunity is seized to prepare our young people for the next step in their education.
- Although we are not a church school, we value the links we have with our local churches which include St. Mary's, Willesborough. Reverend John Mackenzie frequently visits us as our local parish priest and governor of the school. Our children visit the church to celebrate special festivals and events and the school participates in church events such as the recent Christmas Bazaar.
- We recently supported our local food bank, through our children’s and families generous donations at Harvest time. We have now established a permanent collection point in the front entrance of the school and have been delighted to receive so many donations in such a short time.
- We utilise the skills and expertise of local professionals to provide enriching experiences for our children such as sports and arts activities.
- Many of our children have proudly taken part in inter school competitions such as Cross country and maths competition.
Thank you to everyone who donated items of food or toiletries and underwear for our Harvest Festival. As you can see we had a bumper collection! The members of the 'Charity Development Committee' (pictured) chose Ashford's 'Family Food Bank' and ‘Pants for Harvest’ as our charities, and they will receive your generous donations.